Boardroom Bootcamp is a 12-week fully online program for new and aspiring company directors and board members. It is a comprehensive introduction to what it means to be a company director and board member. The course provides participants with information about what they should know and everything that they need to know to be a successful company director.
The 32 topics across 4 modules have been contributed by subject matter experts from around Australia, giving participants access to high quality information and learning from some of Australia’s best and brightest. Topics include directors duties, corporate governance, leadership, strategy, and innovation.
This scholarship has been created to give the opportunity for an outstanding future leader to participate in the Boardroom Bootcamp course to help build their directorship capabilities and board career.
Visit the Boardroom Bootcamp course page for further information.
Boardroom Bootcamp Objectives
The learning objectives of the Boardroom Bootcamp course are to ensure:
- A critical understanding of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of a company director, including:
- Duties and responsibilities as defined in the Corporations Act
- Requirements of board members beyond legislative duties and responsibilities
- Methods of discharging those duties, responsibilities and requirements
- An ability to understand and assess organisational financial statements, including:
- Understanding and determining solvency
- Practical real-world examples of elements of financial statements and analysis techniques (e.g. ratio analysis)
- An ability to understand modern governance issues, in particular:
- Cyber and information security
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Develop skills and methods to determine organisational strategies, including consideration of:
- Stakeholder impact
- Organisational compliance
- Risk exposure
- Develop an understanding of change management activities and its impact across the organisation
- An ability to understand and inform high-level decision-making, including
- Self awareness
- Personal leadership
- General cognitive and communication skills:
- Active participation in online forums and with course supervisor
- Self-learning skills:
- To be able to successfully complete the course in the specified time period
- Successfully complete the end-of-course exam
What the Scholarship Winner will Receive
• Enrolment into the Boardroom Bootcamp Class
• 12 months access to the course material
• A Certificate in Board Readiness – upon completion of the end-of-course quiz (80% pass mark)
• Course supervision and assistance from an experienced company director
• Three webinars to re-cap the previous module and introduce the coming module, along with a chance to ask questions on the course material for further learning
• Access to a private course forum to interact with fellow course participants and the course supervisor, and where you can ask questions to help further your learning and understanding of the course content
• Weekly emails keeping you on track with your learning and course work
The Boardroom Bootcamp scholarship is open to all Australian aspiring and new company directors and board members. That means you can be on a board already, or be looking to join a board in the near future.
It is for those who are ready, willing and able to commit to building their board career through professional development.
To be eligible, submit the application form below by answering:
- Why you want to do the Boardroom Bootcamp course.
- How the course will benefit you.
- What unique skills and abilities you bring to the boardroom.
The winner of the scholarship agrees to
- Be available to participate in media / publicity in relation to winning the Boardroom Bootcamp scholarship.
- Provide a high-resolution professional head-shot photo for use on the Get on Board Australia website and social media channels. Doing so grants Get on Board Australia permission to use this photo royalty free and non-exclusively.
- Provide a testimonial of your participation in the Boardroom Bootcamp course and involvement in the scholarship process.
- Be available to participate in the June 2017 Boardroom Bootcamp course.
All applications will be assessed and follow up questions may be sought from the short-listed applicants. The Winner will be notified via phone (where possible). All applicants will also be updated via email on.
For the September 2017 Boardroom Bootcamp course
9am Monday 3 July 2017 Scholarship Applications Open
5pm Friday 28 July 2017 Scholarship Applications Close
Monday 31 July 2017 Judging
Tuesday 1 August 2017 Scholarship Winner Announced
Apply for Scholarship
The Boardroom Bootcamp Scholarship is currently closed for applications.
The next scholarship will be offered around July 2017. Please subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to know when scholarships applications reopen.
Share this with an outstanding future leader