A step-by-step process helping you to create your pathway to the boardroom.
Breaking into the Boardroom equips you with the knowledge, tools and skills to gain a board seat.
If your employer is encouraging you to join a board, or if you’re seeking a board position for your own personal goals, this course will step you through a process to identify your unique strengths and abilities, prepare your board resume, how to network for a board position, undertake due diligence, and prepare for a board interview.
Four-week course structure
- Understand what you’re getting into as a director
- Practicing the qualities of great directors
- Joining for the right reasons
- Determining the type of organisation you want to join
- Being great at your day job
- Networking for a board position
- Building your board resume
- Joining board registers
- Approaching organisations directly
- Director personal and professional development
- Undertaking due diligence
- Preparing for a board interview
- Workbook (downloadable once you have registered for the course)
- Templates and other resources to help you build your board career
- Access to the course material for two (2) months
- Access to a private course forum to interact with fellow course participants and ask questions to help further your learning and understanding of the course content
- Weekly emails keeping you on track with your learning and course work
- One-to-one interaction with Lisa (course creator and founder of Get on Board Australia) via the course forum and direct email
Please note, when signing up for this course, be sure to tick the box to subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you receive all of the course-related information emails.
Any questions? Check our FAQ page for frequently asked questions about our courses, or send us an email using the enquiry form below.
Send us a question
|Step One: Know What You’re Getting Into||01:00:00|
|Step Two: Practice the qualities of great directors||01:00:00|
|Step Three: Be Sure You Want to Join a Board for the Right Reasons||01:00:00|
|Step Four: Determine the Type of Organisation you want to join||01:00:00|
|Step Five: Be Great at your Day Job||01:00:00|
|Step Six: Networking for a Board Position||01:00:00|
|Step Seven: Build Your Board CV||03:00:00|
|Step Eight: Join Board Registers||01:00:00|
|Step Nine: Approach Organisations Directly||01:00:00|
|Step Ten: Learn and Develop||00:30:00|
|Step Eleven: Do Your Due Diligence||00:30:00|
|Step Twelve: Preparing for a Board Interview||00:30:00|