The resume that you will use to apply for board positions should be different to the resume that you use to apply for your professional job.
This is a part of the board hunt process that confuses most people, and we get asked A LOT to help people out with preparing their board resume.
We know that you have recognised that a board resume is different to a career resume; our article on preparing a board resume is our most visited post on this website.
We’ve heard from you that you would like more support with this, so we have set up this FREE writing challenge.
About this challenge
We want to help more people put together a professional board cv that will help them on their journey to the boardroom so we’ve put together a series of emails over five days to work through writing a board resume together. Starting on any day, you will work on building your personal board resume using insights and information from our exclusive survey results from existing board members and board candidate recruiters.
Over five days, you will cover:
- Board resume fundamentals (including what not to include)
- Crafting your Introduction
- Board Experience and “Board-Related” Experience (for aspiring board members)
- Key Skills and Attributes (inside information on what boards are looking for from candidates)
- Career History (what you need to showcase in order to stand out)
- Other Important resume elements to include
What you will receive
- A downloadable board resume template that we will use as a guide over the five days
- A daily email working through a component of your board resume
- Direct email access to Get on Board Australia founder and managing director, Lisa Cook, for personal help with your board resume questions
Join the Challenge
Our board resume writing challenge is now open to everyone at any time. Sign up below to join our regular newsletter and click the link in your welcome email to confirm that you want to be part of the resume writing challenge.
Feedback From Past Writing Challenges
The board CV writing workshop really got me to breakdown my CV and restructure it whilst simultaneously making me think about the key value I bring to a board. I loved how it was spread over 5 days and I could address the topic of the day at a time that worked with my schedule.
Share this challenge with a friend