Five Steps to Build Your Board Resume
Create a compelling board resume to achieve your board goals.
The resume that you want to use to apply for board positions needs to be different to the resume used to apply for your professional job.
We know that you have recognised that a board resume is different to a career resume; our article on preparing a board resume is our most visited post on this website.
Writing a compelling resume is a skill that everyone needs, so we’re bringing you a course to help you to do just that – prepare a standout board resume to help you achieve your board goals.
Five Steps to Build Your Board Resume is the result of having worked with aspiring board members over the past 7 years to upgrade and up-level their board resumes.
About this Course
We want to help more people put together a professional board cv that will help them on their journey to the boardroom so we’ve broken down board resume writing to five simple steps.
Starting on any day, you will work on building your personal board resume using insights and information from our exclusive survey results from existing board members and board candidate recruiters.
Over five steps you will cover:
- Board Resume Fundamentals
- Crafting your Introduction
- Board Experience and “Board-Related” Experience (for aspiring board members without board experience)
- Key Skills and Attributes (inside information on what boards are looking for from candidates)
- Career History (what you need to showcase in order to stand out)
- Other Important resume elements to include (and what not to include)
- BONUS: Preparing a Cover Letter for your Board Resume
PLUS, we know it helps to have direct support on the work you’re doing on your board resume, so this course includes access to a live quarterly masterclass exclusive for course participants.
AND it’s only $49!
Ready to get started?
What You'll Receive:
- A downloadable board resume template that you will work through during the course.
- Access to additional resources to help you prepare a compelling board resume.
- A bonus video on how to write a cover letter to accompany your board resume.
- A free ticket to a quarterly board resume masterclass (2022 dates: 24 February, 26 May, 23 August, 22 November at 8pm Adelaide time).
- The opportunity to have direct feedback on your board resume.
- Access to an online community to support you through your board resume preparation.
- Lifetime access to all course material.
- Direct email access to Get on Board Australia founder and managing director, Lisa Cook, for personalised help with your board resume questions.
Join the Course
Our board resume writing course is open to everyone at any time, and includes lifetime access to the course material and a free ticket to a quarterly board resume masterclass.
AND, it’s only $49!