The resume that you will use to apply for board positions needs to be different to the resume used to apply for your professional job.
This is a part of the board hunt process that confuses most people, and we get asked A LOT to help aspiring board members with preparing their board resume.
We know that you have recognised that a board resume is different to a career resume; our article on preparing a board resume is our most visited post on this website.
Writing a compelling resume is a skill that everyone needs, so we’re bringing you a course to help you to do just that – prepare a standout board resume to help you achieve your board goals.
Five Steps to Build Your Board Resume is the result of having worked with aspiring board members over the past 6 years to upgrade and up-level their board resumes.
About this Course
We want to help more people put together a professional board cv that will help them on their journey to the boardroom so we’ve broken down board resume writing to five simple steps.
Starting on any day, you will work on building your personal board resume using insights and information from our exclusive survey results from existing board members and board candidate recruiters.
Over five steps you will cover:
- Board Resume Fundamentals
- Crafting your Introduction
- Board Experience and “Board-Related” Experience (for aspiring board members without board experience)
- Key Skills and Attributes (inside information on what boards are looking for from candidates)
- Career History (what you need to showcase in order to stand out)
- Other Important resume elements to include (and what not to include)
- BONUS: Learn how to write a Cover Letter to accompany your board resume
Ready to get started?
This course is open to everyone at any time, in any place.