Entering the boardroom and during your first formative years as a board member can be quite overwhelming and confusing. During times like these it helps to have a coach or mentor guiding and supporting you through the wonderful – and sometimes weird – world of being on a board. Coaching and mentoring helps build your confidence so you can step boldly into the boardroom, be a high performing board member, and build a successful board career.
Lisa Cook, founder and managing director of Get on Board Australia, certainly knows what it’s like to successfully launch a board career and survive and thrive in the boardroom. Over nearly a decade in boardrooms in New South Wales and South Australia Lisa has experience spanning sports clubs, to not-for-profits, to charities, to private family businesses.
Everyone’s board goals and journey are unique and personal. That’s why Lisa delivers coaching and mentoring based purely on your needs. Whether it’s a 12-month coaching program in combination with Boardroom Bootcamp; or just a few sessions to help you step confidently into the board role of your dreams, Lisa will be able to provide something just for you.
Whichever way you work with Lisa, you will receive the following:
· A minimum package of 3 sessions (to ongoing relationship)
· 60-90 minute sessions (video conferencing / telephone / face-to-face)
· Personalised feedback and guidance after each session
· Ongoing email support during term of engagement
Why Engage a Coach / Mentor?
It can be extremely rewarding to engage a coach / mentor any time. Here are a few reasons why you may want to get some help from a trusted advisor:
· If you’re feeling overwhelmed with how to actually start a board career
· If you’re confused with what is happening on your board
· If you are facing a challenge in the boardroom
· If you’re looking to plan your professional career to set yourself up for a board career
· If you’re ready to move from volunteer board member to paid board member
Get in touch for a ‘no strings attached’ conversation and to receive a customised development plan.