Break into the Boardroom
Self Paced Program
Land your First Board Role
Do you want to start a successful board career, but aren’t sure how to forge a path to the boardroom?
You’re in the right place!
Welcome to the Break into the Boardroom
Tell me something…
Do you want to make a meaningful contribution to the running of your favourite organisation or charity?
Do you feel you can add value as a board member, but are unsure how to get yourself onto a board?
Do you want to know more about what it means to be a great board member?
If you answered yes to any of the above, I’m here to help you!
My name is Lisa Cook and I started Get on Board Australia to meet the needs of aspiring board members like you.
Everything that I do at Get on Board Australia is geared towards helping you get on a board and thrive in the boardroom.
For the past 5 years I have guided and supported professionals through one-to-one coaching to kickstart their board careers and successfully develop into great board members.
I’m now bringing that knowledge and experience to a self-paced, online program.
PROGRAM STARTS NOW
Ready to break in to the boardroom?
What will Break into the Boardroom do for you?
Over seven modules you will:
- Solidify your personal value proposition that will attract your desired board(s).
- Fortify your personal brand so that instantly communicates who you are and what you are about.
- Build a compelling board resume to help you land your perfect board role.
- Create an effective and efficient networking strategy to find the right events and opportunities to build and expand your network.
- Identify and create board opportunities that come to you.
- Learn due diligence practices to make sure you end up on the right board at the right time.
- Understand what it takes to contribute meaningfully and thrive in the boardroom.
- BONUS ACCESS to our new course Five Steps to Build Your Board Resume.
Why should you join this program?
Answer me this…
• Are you time poor and don’t have the time to piece all that you need to know together by yourself?
• Have you tried to gain access to boards that interest you but find yourself frustrated and not getting anywhere?
• Are you ready to dedicate a relatively short amount of time to learn, be supported and upskill to achieve your board aspirations?
Because if you enjoy the experiences and tips that I share on my website, podcast, and social media posts, then you will definitely benefit from what you dive into during each module of this program.
Here’s what is covered in each module…
- Setting a clear board goal so that you know where you want to go and why.
- An overview of directors’ duties and responsibilities so that you understand what you’re getting into as a board member.
- Embodying the qualities of great board members so you hit the ground running in the boardroom.
- The essential questions to answer to define your unique value proposition and what makes you attractive to potential boards.
- Creating a powerful personal brand that speaks for you when you’re not there.
- Conducting a personal brand audit.
- Crafting an engaging elevator pitch that compels people to talk to you at networking events.
- Developing an expanded elevator pitch so that you can keep the conversation rolling and engaging.
- A step-by-step process to help you design a compelling board resume.
- Tips and tricks to ensure your resume makes it to the top of the pile.
- How to adapt your board resume to each board application.
- Developing an aligned networking strategy to leverage existing network and expand your network.
- How to select events to attend so that you’re not going to the opening of an envelope.
- Incorporating online networking strategies to build and nurture your network.
- Leveraging board registers, approaching organisations directly, and using board search firms so that board opportunities come to you.
- Undertaking due diligence to ensure you are getting on the right board at the right time.
- How to best prepare for board interviews.
- Setting your learning and development goals and curriculum.
- Self on-boarding and integrating with your new board.
And here’s how it works…
Each module contains an informational video and a PDF worksheet(s) for you to work through, immediately applying the theory to actions and seeing outcomes. You have lifetime access to the course modules, so you can refer back to this process as you expand your board portfolio.
Private Facebook Group
We also have our very own private Facebook group, where you can ask questions, share your wins and lessons, ask for advice, bounce ideas around and support one another during our time together. You’ll also have direct access to me through the Facebook group, so you can tag me in any posts if you want me to answer a question or share my thoughts with you.
PLUS! This free gift from me to you:
+ 1 x live 1:1 Coaching Call with me. We can review your personal board search strategy and identify any opportunities, come up with great ideas and answer any questions you have that are specific to your board goals.
Enrolment into Break into the Boardroom now includes free access to Five Steps to Build Your Board Resume.
What You'll Receive:
Let’s take a look at what you’ll receive by enrolling into this program…
- 7 x weekly emails + worksheets (value: $900)
- 7 x course modules (value: $1,800)
- 1 x private Facebook group (value: $900)
- Unlimited access to me for support (value: priceless!)
- 1 x bonus live Coaching Call with me! (value: $165)
- Complimentary enrolment into Five Steps to Build Your Board Resume
TOTAL VALUE = $3,500+
… BUT! …
Your actual investment for the Break into the Boardroom is much less than that!
Only $397 incl. gst
Please note, when signing up for this course, be sure to tick the ‘subscribe’ box to ensure you receive all of the course-related information emails.
Any questions? Check out our FAQs below for frequently asked questions about our courses, or send us an email using the enquiry form.
1 X UPFRONT PAYMENT $397 incl. GST
Use Pay in Four with PayPal at the check out to spread your enrolment fee over four equal payments.
Got a question about Break into the Boardroom? Send us a message.
Who is this course for?
This is for you if you:
• Are new to building an intentional board career, whether already on a board or not.
• Want to learn a replicable process to join boards.
• Are ready to do the work and break through your comfort zone to reach your board goals.
• Want to join a community of likeminded people and make the most of the time you choose to spend in this program.
This is not for you if you:
• Want to get on a board just to tell people that you’re on a board.
• Are not open to being coached, taught or guided by me.
• Are not willing to be open to trying new things or to put in the work.
• Don’t have the time to invest in your board career or this program.
Have some questions? See below or contact us to find out more.
Who is this e-Course for?
All of our courses are designed for new and aspiring company directors and board members. You may be at the start of your board career, looking to start your board career in the near future, or you have been sitting on a board for many years and now want to formalise your boardroom knowledge.
How is the e-Course delivered?
Our e-courses are delivered fully online, through this website. You must be logged in to access the course material related to the course you have subscribed to.
Some elements of our courses are done via third-party providers (for example, webinars and online conferencing).
How much does it cost?
Each course is priced individually. The cost is noted on each course home page.
When do registrations close?
All of our courses are open for enrolment all day, every day.
When does it start?
You can start a course as soon as you enrol.
What if I’m not satisfied?
For courses with an open start date, a full refund can be requested within one (1) day of signing up to the course.
Are there any restrictions on who can enroll in an e-Course?
There are no restrictions to who can enrol in our courses. Our courses are best suited to new and aspiring company directors and board members.
Will I earn any continuing professional development points (CPD) for my professional accreditation?
Our courses will likely meet most criteria for the CPD requirements of large professional associations. It is recommended you check with your association prior to enrolment to ensure you can claim the work and hours invested for your CPD requirements.
How does Boardroom Bootcamp and Certificate of Board Readiness equate to the AICD’s Company Director’s Foundation course and certificate? Does Boardroom Bootcamp give me Director Professional Development (DPD) points?
The AICD is an separate and independent organisation to Get on Board Australia. Their courses and certificates are suitable to individuals who feel that they better meet their director development needs.
I encourage you to evaluate all courses available to you against your specific learning needs, capabilities, and resources.
For AICD members, DPD points are available for a range of learning and development activities. For more information on earning and recording DPD points, visit AICD’s website.
Any further questions?
Please send us a message.