Karen has an extensive career as an accountant, financial controller, Senior Manager, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Operations Officer (COO), General Manager and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) across a number of sectors, including advisory, assurance, vehicle leasing / fleet services and insurance, for organisations such as Donaldson Walsh Lawyers, Finlaysons Lawyers, Royal Sun Alliance, GE and Ernst and Young (both in Australia and the UK).
Karen now devotes her time across a number of roles. In addition to running her own consultancy, Karen is currently the Executive Director (part-time) for the Motor Neurone Disease Association of South Australia (MNDA SA), and a course supervisor, contributor, and facilitator with Get on Board Australia.
Karen currently sits on the boards of the following organisations:
- West Beach Community Bendigo Bank
- Chartered Accountants (Adelaide Women’s Committee)
- Price Alfred College Parents and Friends (Executive Committee Treasurer)
Previous boards Karen has contributed to:
- Extensive experience of Legal Firm Boards including undertaking the role of Company Secretary
- Ronald McDonald House (Advisory Committee)
- Neil Sachse Foundation (Board Member, Company Secretary and Treasurer)
- Australian Legal Practice Management Association (SA Branch Executive Committee; Treasurer)
- Flagstaff Hill Tennis Club Committee (Treasurer)
Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
Graduate of AICD Company Director’s Course
Karen is a contributor to our Boardroom Bootcamp course for the topics Financial Report Analysis and Management Relations: Delegations.