In today’s episode of Diary of a Board Member, I share a topic that has recently come up in quite a lot of conversations. And that’s about well-intentioned board members who want to do their best on a board, but aren’t quite understanding the role of company director and the gravity that the position carries. My intent with this episode is to leverage those good intentions to build the capability of board and committee members to increase their value to the board and organisation, and to minimise the risk of something bad happening to them, to other board members, or to the organisation.
Corporate Governance Practice Framework
Resource to help with developing corporate governance practices for your board and organisation
- [Book] Directors at Work: A Practical Guide for Boards by Kiel, Nicolson, Tunny, and Beck.
- ASX Governance Principles and Recommendations
- G20 / OECD Principles of Corporate Governance
- Governance for Good – The ACNC’s guide for Charity Board Members
- And of course, various articles on Get on Board Australia, and Boardroom Bootcamp for those who want to get a really comprehensive understanding of what it means to be a company director on a board.
Subscribe to Receive Articles, Resources, and Tools to Support Your Board Career, and join our free five-day board resume writing e-workshop.