Welcome to the Boardroom | Ep. 34
What should one expect from a new director induction / on-boarding program?
If there is no formal new director on-boarding program in place, for example, in the case of smaller NFP’s or private companies, what should one ask from the Chair and CEO to get yourself up to speed as quickly as possible ahead of your first board meeting?
My answer to these questions addresses the two main aspects of board life: the business and the board. I also include the questions that I would be asking the CEO and Chair to get me up to speed and contributing to the board and business ASAP.
Links Mentioned in Show
- Four Essential for a Director Induction Program (AICD)
- Board Member Induction (Leading Governance)
- Developing an Effective Induction Process (Community Directors)
- Effective Director Induction (Governance Evaluator)
- Five Self On-Boarding Strategies (Get on Board Australia)
Find the Board Shorts Podcast on your Favourite Podcast App
If you have a question or a topic that you’d like covered on a future episode, please fill out our simple online survey.